We use it everyday. For knowledge. For social interactions. For work. For entertainment. Porn.
For a kid born in the 90s, it will be almost impossible for him or her to imagine life without the internet. We all know the internet’s huge. But just how big is it?
Here are some numbers (mostly from 2012):
- 633,706,564 websites in a Dec 2012 survey by Netcraft
- 246 million top level domain names as at 2012
- 2.4 billion internet users worldwide (of which 1.1 billion are in Asia)
- 200 million active users on Twitter (Dec 2012)
- “Four more years” – Most retweeted tweet (more than 800,000 times)
- 1.2 trillion (how many zero’s is that?!) searches in 2012 on Google
Now go wrap your head around those for a while…